Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Monday, September 1, 2014

TAG - You're It!! Challenge

Hello, lovely crafters!  It's time again to post a new challenge here at SBP Challenge blog. The theme is TAGS and the sky's the limit. You can create a tag, or create with tags! You can ink them, paint them, fold them, create a tag-shaped card, alter a tag, use tags on layouts, altered art, mixed media canvas...well, you get the picture!
Our guest sponsor this month is Lisa from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles, and with her help and the help of my daughter-in-law, I have been brought into the 21st century with digital crafting! I'll tell you about it later but for now, a little info on Lisa and Decosse's Dynamite Doodles:

Are you interested in digital sentiments, papers and other embellishments?  How about a badge made especially for your blog?  If these are items you are interested in, you are going to want to check out Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.  My name is Lisa and with over 100 + posts of  freebies to choose from, and new ones added often, I just might have what you are looking for.  Along with the freebies I offer, I also create blog badges and am in the process of putting some kits together.  Additionally, I'm so excited to now be sponsoring giveaways and challenges at other blogs.  It is an absolute honour to be sponsoring the current Your Scrapbook Place challenge. 
So, if you have the time, come and take a look.  There is always inspiration to be found among my many different features.   I'd love for you to pop by and visit me.  I hope you have a blast!



Lisa has generously offered some fabulous digital prizes from her Grab Bag 1 Cotton Candy Collection:
  • A random participant will receive the full mini kit.
  • A random participant who becomes or is a Follower of SBP blog will receive all three sets of tags sets (patterned, textured and numbered).
  • A random person who uses the FREE DIGI that Lisa has offered will receive both accessories sections (floral accessories and general accessories).
  • A random person who leaves a comment on this post will receive the word art set.
BONUS!!! Lisa is offering a freebie for you to use on your project. You can snag it here: DDD FREE DIGI 

So, I had not yet jumped onto the digital bandwagon. First, I had to purchase Photoshop, which I finally did last Christmas by using a couple amazon gift cards. But every stinking time I tried to do anything in it, I was left with disappointment, frustration and anger. I knew nothing about layers, and couldn't figure out how to get them, how to have fun with them, and how to put everything together. There were no you tube videos out there on my Elements 12. Finally, I had my daughter-ion-law over and we were able to mix it up and save things. I am still a newbie, and I need to practice and experiment every day, but I am finally having fun. And to prove it, here's my very first ALL DIGITAL layout, using elements from Lisa's fabulous Cotton Candy Collection. I used Flower 6 from the Floral Accessories, Button 2 from General Accessories, "With Love" from Sentiments, and of course Tag 11 from Patterned Tags to make a continuous border. Once I got the arrangement finished, I popped in a photo and added text.
Okay, while I am over the top with my layout, I know that it is very basic and could use some tweaking, but the last time I created with Lisa's digis, I printed them up and fussy cut out everything on my project. And you can still do that!! That's what's great with digis--you can create with them no matter your tech level!!
So let's see what the DT has offered us for inspiration:

Virginia has crafted a gorgeous birthday tag using Tag 11 from the patterned tags pack, as well as the Happy Birthday sentiment. 
LINDA W. has created a gorgeous card using the very popular Tag 11, Ribbon Bow, the sentiment "For You" and those small flowers.
 Kathy Barley
"Here's my project, using two tags.  All the components except the Theatre in the Park and The Pajama Game labels are from Lisa.  I also got her permission to use her Oh Canada paper in a reduced saturation so it would blend with the pastels.  I wanted the frame to resemble pajama material" 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful works of art Ladies
    I haven't quite figured out how to do the digital thing. I have Photoshop but don't know how to use it for anything other than to crop pictures.This week, I will again, play with the digital items Lisa has been so nice to give me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects ladies! Kathy - you and Elaine look so awesome in jammies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the samples the DT members did. Hope to see a lot of entries from everyone.
    Virginia M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ladies. Fabulous job. I'm sorry it took me so long to come over and comment. Love the great job that everyone did.

    I'm very proud of you Pat for your first 100% digital layout. You've put it together in a very pleasing way. Virginia, your tag turned out wonderful. I love the addition of the extra music notes. Linda, I really like how you incorporated the tag into a card. Clever idea. Wow, Kathy. Your layout is awesome. I love the floral grouping. You really made use out of so many items.

    Congrats to you all, you've made me proud.

    I have to say that I'm a bit sad that the only two people who participated in the challenge were team members. We really need to find a way to get your challenge more exposure! Right now I'm going to take a peek at the midway projects.

    Hugs and a big thank you for using my products!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!