Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Mondays with Mel

AWWW scrap! Yep, today I worked with scraps. Today was one of those days that I felt horrible and didn't want to get out of bed. I figured I would work with some of my scraps. I keep a little cardboard box (a bottom of a Velveeta cheese package) on my desk to put my scraps in when I'm done with a project. 

If the scraps are larger in size, they go in a three-ring binder. I'll show that another day.
The little scraps go in the box for me to go thru at a later time. I usually pre-stamp sentiments - thanks, happy birthday, for you, etc - and put them in my images basket to be used when I'm making Batches of cards for the troops. I grabbed my box, Black Soot and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and my three CTMH sentiment sets.

Just do a little trimming and put in a clear baggie. You have instant sentiments! I usually only do it on white or ivory cardstock so that it can be used with almost any theme.
What about the patterned paper and colored cardstock small scraps? For those, I get my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and my SU Petite Petals punch and go to town!

I separate each pile and put in a little baggie for use later. I can use these for embellishments or send them as RAKS! Now I need to get my hands on a leaf punch, a star punch and a heart punch!
There is my creativity for today, all brought to you from my bed. Hope that helps you figure out what to do with those scraps and how small you should keep them. Let me know how small you keep your scraps, if you keep them at all! 
Have a creative day!
Mel

2 comments:

  1. Well, up until I read your post, I was fine with only keeping 1/4 sheet-sized leftover papers, but no, I had to try out your trick with the sentiments, as I make cards for the troops as well. Now I'm hooked and I probably will never have to worry about stamping sentiments again. Thanks for the tip, you enabler, you! LOL
    p.s. Did you get my last batch of cards for the troops last week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Mondays with Mel!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!