Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Valentines and Birthdays!

Chocolate..Valentine's Day-they just go hand in hand! 

by Carolyn C.

I was recently asked by Scrapbook Place to help come up with a theme card for our blog featuring one of the 4 food groups, CHOCOLATE. I had just come across some Delicious, rich, Chocolate colored papers by Basic Grey called Bittersweet and wanted to try a new design for me-the Pop Up Heart. After much cutting, bending, creasing I've got the most amazing card, I think!  The front is in browns and pinks and with an intricate pattern.  I randomly glazed the swirls-makes it look like melted chocolate! Rich brown heavy lace is offset with rose dew drops; pink flowers and a flourish peak your interest with what's INSIDE: a coordinating pink and brown paper and this gorgeous, pink Martha Stewart Glittered heart that fully extends. To help this stand up, I used a light poster board but really think that I could've used a heavy Bazzil card stock and it would've been fine.  A friend of ours asked me to do a card for his wife for Valentine's Day, which is also her birthday so I think this will be well received.  Thanks for looking!

(Carolyn, that is one lucky gentleman!.......Linda)


4 comments:

  1. Ohhh...love it!! The embellishments go so well together and I love that trim! The inner stand out heart is amazing..I need to go out of my box and try a pop up. Love it!
    HugsT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Teresa, thanks so much for the LUV! It's wonderful to get your encouragement~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great pop-up on your card. Just a gorgeous mix of colors and design!

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!